In line with HSE recommendations, we offer a course allowing those who hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate to add Paediatric First Aid to their qualifications. This half day course focuses specifically on First Aid situations involving children and babies.
Who is it for?
- Those who have completed a FAW or FAW requalification course within the last year
- Any adult working with children under the age of 5 years e.g. Child Minders, Nursery/School Staff, Playgroup Leaders, Nannies, Au Pairs
What is covered?
- Recap of (CPR) specifically focused on babies, children and adults
- Recap of caring for an unconscious person
- Bleeding and Shock
- Burns and scalds
- Bone injuries
- Imbalance of heat and Febrile convulsions
- Conditions; Asthma, diabetes, sickle cell, meningitis
Paediatric First Aid certificate valid for three years.
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £45 per person on public courses
From £295 In-house courses for up to 12 delegates
What is included?
- All tuition and assessment
- Post course guidance and support including training manuals
- Automatic recall for requalification
- Discounted Supplies
- HSE Certificate upon completion
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.