This course provides specific First Aid Training for those who look after children and babies (under 5s). The course is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and is designed to meet the requirements of Ofsted and Surestart.
Who is it for?
- Any adult working with children under the age of 5 years e.g. Child Minders, Nursery/School Staff dealing with Foundation Stage, Playgroup Leaders, Nannies, Au Pairs etc.
- Parents who want to learn key skills to help them cope in an emergency situation
What is covered?
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for babies, children and adults
- Caring for an unconscious person
- Bleeding and Shock (electric, anaphylactic)
- Burns and scalds
- Bone injuries
- Embedded objects
- Eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Imbalance of heat
- Febrile convulsions
- Conditions; Asthma, diabetes, sickle cell, meningitis
- Recording accidents at work and using First Aid supplies
Paediatric First Aid certificate valid for three years.
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £110 per person on public courses
From £375 In-house per day (for up to 12 delegates)
What is included?
- All tuition and assessment
- Post course guidance and support including training manuals
- Automatic recall for requalification
- Discounted Supplies
- HSE Certificate upon completion
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- Jan 28th to Jan 29th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Jan 30th to Jan 31st at Enfield Business Centre
- Feb 25th to Feb 26th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Feb 27th to Feb 28th at Enfield Business Centre
- Mar 25th to Mar 26th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Mar 28th to Mar 29th at Enfield Business Centre
- Apr 29th to Apr 30th at Enfield Business Centre
- May 2nd to May 3rd at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- May 22nd to May 23rd at Enfield Business Centre
- Jun 20th to Jun 21st at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Jun 24th to Jun 25th at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 8th to Jul 9th at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 15th to Jul 16th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Sep 18th to Sep 19th at Enfield Business Centre
- Sep 24th to Sep 25th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Oct 15th to Oct 16th at Enfield Business Centre
- Oct 28th to Nov 29th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Nov 7th to Nov 8th at Enfield Business Centre
- Nov 19th to Nov 20th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Dec 5th to Dec 6th at Haringey – Bruce Castle Museum
- Dec 9th to Dec 10th at Enfield Business Centre
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.