The “first aid for school staff” course is a half day session that would match the needs of your school (SMSA’s and TA’s for example). Once the school has carried out their own risk assessment it may be found that the accredited courses don’t meet the needs of the school.
STS have developed a first aid course to match the type of issues that school support staff may come across.
Bumped heads, grazed knees, bee stings and nose bleeds happen in every playground in every school… almost on a daily basis! Course has been recently updated to further assist a school in making the correct choices when it comes to first aid training.
These are bespoke courses to cover the “type of things that happen in a school playground”. They are run on your premises on dates and times to suit the client. We run over 200 of these courses per year, so its always best to book early (especially on September and January inset days).
Who is it for?
- School support staff
- Those wanting more than basic First Aid knowledge
- Appropriate to schools, more specifially primary schools
What is covered?
- Understanding the role of a First Aider
- The need for reporting accidents
- Performing CPR
- Blood loss (minor and major bleeding) – cuts, grazes and scrapes
- Head injuries – bumped heads
- Eye injuries
- Fractures and sprains
A bespoke course with a certificate of attendance for each delegate. Recommended to be renewed every three years.
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £325 per course
No minimum or maximum numbers. For course with over 100 delegates, please give us as much notice as possible.
What is included?
- All tuition and assessment
- Post course guidance and support including training manuals
- Automatic recall for requalification
- Discounted Supplies
- Certificate upon completion
- First aid book
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- Jul 3rd to Jul 5th at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 10th to Jul 12th at Haringey Professional Development Centre
- Jul 19th to Jul 21st at City Business Library, City of London
- Aug 11th to Aug 13th at Enfield Business Centre
- Sep 6th to Sep 8th at City Business Library, City of London
- Sep 20th to Sep 22nd at Haringey Professional Development Centre
- Oct 2nd to Oct 4th at Enfield Business Centre
- Oct 11th to Oct 13th at Haringey Professional Development Centre
- Oct 16th to Oct 18th at City Business Library, City of London
- Nov 1st to Nov 3rd at Enfield Business Centre
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.