A comprehensive course for the designated First Aider at your premises covering all the key areas in the syllabus for first aid at work. HSE recognised and Ofqual accredited course. We aim to give delegates the training, knowledge and confidence through a combination of theory and practical sessions with simulated casualties.
Who is it for?
- Staff acting as the recognised First Aider at Work
- Those wanting more than basic First Aid knowledge
- Appropriate to companies where HSE guidelines recommend a qualified first aider
- If you are unsure, use this HSE First Aid assessment tool
What is covered?
- Understanding the role of a First Aider
- The need for reporting accidents
- Caring for an unconscious casualty
- Performing CPR
- Blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Disorders of the airway
- Bone injuries
- Major medical conditions (including the administration of aspirin and epinephrine)
An HSE recognised Ofqual accredited First Aid at Work certificate valid for three years
(A yearly Skills Update is recommended until a re-qualification course becomes necessary at the end of the three year validity)
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £215 per person on public courses
From £450 per day for In-house courses
(up to 12 delegates)
What is included?
- All tuition and assessment
- Post course guidance and support including training manuals
- Automatic recall for requalification
- Discounted Supplies
- Certificate upon completion
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- Dec 17th to Dec 17th at City Business Library, City of London
- Nov 22nd to Nov 22nd at City Business Library, City of London
- Oct 29th to Oct 29th at City Business Library, City of London
- Sep 17th to Sep 17th at City Business Library, City of London
- Jul 19th to Jul 19th at City Business Library, City of London
- Jun 21st to Jun 22nd at City Business Library, City of London
- May 24th to May 25th at City Business Library, City of London
- Apr 19th to Apr 19th at City Business Library, City of London
- Dec 18th to Dec 18th at Enfield Business Centre
- Oct 30th to Oct 30th at Enfield Business Centre
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.