This 3 hour course allows delegates to refresh their existing First Aid skills. It is ideal for those with a certificate but who feel they may be a bit rusty. It is run on a workshop basis and covers all the key aspects of First Aid training, including injuries, illnesses and emergencies in the workplace. This course is strongly recommended by the HSE for all first aiders as an annual session to keep their knowledge up to date.
Who is it for?
- Those wishing to follow the HSE recommendation to attend an annual update of their skills
- Holders of a First Aid at Work or an Emergency First Aid at work qualification
- Those wishing to refresh their skills and practice in a relaxed environment
What is covered?
- Understanding the role of a First Aider and the need for reporting accidents
- Caring for an unconscious casualty
- Performing Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Blood loss and Shock
- “Real Life” Casualty Simulation
(There may be time to practice or discuss other areas students feel they need to refresh)
A Skills Update certificate valid for one year
(A yearly skills update is recommended until the re-qualification course becomes necessary at the end of the three year validity)
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £60 per person on public courses
From £295 per day for In-house courses (for up to 12 delegates)
What is included?
- Continual Assessment & Tuition
- Post course guidance and support
- Discounted Supplies
- HSE Certificate upon completion
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- May 15th to May 15th at City Business Library, City of London
- May 22nd to May 22nd at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 10th to Jul 10th at City Business Library, City of London
- Jul 12th to Jul 12th at Enfield Business Centre
- Sep 26th to Sep 26th at Enfield Business Centre
- Oct 24th to Oct 24th at City Business Library, City of London
- Nov 27th to Nov 27th at Enfield Business Centre
- Dec 20th to Dec 20th at City Business Library, City of London
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.