This 3 hour course allows delegates to refresh their existing First Aid skills. It is ideal for those with a certificate but who feel they may be a bit rusty. It is run on a workshop basis and covers all the key aspects of First Aid training, including injuries, illnesses and emergencies in the workplace. This course is strongly recommended by the HSE for all first aiders as an annual session to keep their knowledge up to date.
Who is it for?
- Those wishing to follow the HSE recommendation to attend an annual update of their skills
- Holders of a First Aid at Work or an Emergency First Aid at work qualification
- Those wishing to refresh their skills and practice in a relaxed environment
What is covered?
- Understanding the role of a First Aider and the need for reporting accidents
- Caring for an unconscious casualty
- Performing Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Blood loss and Shock
- “Real Life” Casualty Simulation
(There may be time to practice or discuss other areas students feel they need to refresh)
A Skills Update certificate valid for one year
(A yearly skills update is recommended until the re-qualification course becomes necessary at the end of the three year validity)
Course Fee (ex VAT)
From £60 per person on public courses
From £295 per day for In-house courses (for up to 12 delegates)
What is included?
- Continual Assessment & Tuition
- Post course guidance and support
- Discounted Supplies
- HSE Certificate upon completion
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- May 22nd to May 22nd at City Business Library, City of London
- May 24th to May 24th at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 17th to Jul 17th at Enfield Business Centre
- Jul 25th to Jul 25th at City Business Library, City of London
- Oct 28th to Oct 28th at Enfield Business Centre
- Oct 29th to Oct 29th at City Business Library, City of London
- Dec 10th to Dec 10th at City Business Library, City of London
- Dec 12th to Dec 12th at Enfield Business Centre
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.