Download our 2024 training timetable
Mental health is at the forefront of many initiatives and this comprehensive awareness and skills training course includes a mix of presentations, discussions and group work activities.
£275 in Enfield and City of London
From £525 per day in-house
*All displayed prices are excluding VAT
Enfield, City of London and all over the UK for group bookings
Throughout the year
Duration 2 Day
3 years renewal
Mental ill health costs UK employers an estimated £34.9 billion each year – the equivalent of £1,300 for every employee in the UK workforce. Broken down, that’s £10.6 billion in sickness absence, £21.2 billion in reduced productivity, and £3.1 billion in replacing staff who leave their jobs for mental health-related reasons.By taking simple steps to improve the management of mental health in the workplace, employers would be able to save 30% or more of these costs – at least £10 billion a year.
Mental Health First Aiders are trained to:
- Spot the early signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Start a supportive conversation with a colleague who may be experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress
- Listen to the person non-judgementally
- Assess the risk of suicide or self-harm
- Encourage the person to access appropriate professional support or self-help strategies. This might include encouraging access to internal support systems such as EAPs or in-house counseling services
- Escalate to the appropriate emergency services, if necessary
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Complete critical incident documents as and when necessary
- Protect themselves while performing their role
2 day course is fully accredited by Mental Health First Aid UK.
Who Should Attend
Anyone can attend an MHFA course but an interest in mental health and wellbeing is desirable. When you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider and a fold-out card summarising the five-step MHFA action plan to carry with you.
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards support
Dates and Locations
Courses are held monthly at each location and are selected at time of booking.
If you don’t see a time or date to fit your needs, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
How To Book
Complete the booking form below by selecting the date and location of the course you want to attend. Include your colleague details (if applicable) and how you would like to pay. Simple.
Payment is made using Stripe, making online payments easier, faster and more secure.
We understand some businesses prefer to pay by invoice, that’s not a problem. Simply follow the booking form process and select ‘pay by invoice’ when prompted.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss your requirements, please contact us and we will be happy to help.