Download our 2024 training timetable
The QA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (RQF) is ideal for people who work in, or want to work in, a construction environment. It has been specifically designedto provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card. Supported by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), this regulated and nationally recognized qualification has been developed to provide a basic awareness of health and safety within construction.
POA. Please use the booking form below to request a price.
In-house all over the UK
Throughout the year
Duration Half Day
Valid for 3 years
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of the risks of working in a construction environment, principles of risk assessments for improving health and safety at work, the importance of working safely at height and much more.
- Principles of risk assessment
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the
workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
Importance of working safely at height in the
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment
(including asbestos exposure)
Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that
may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working
around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
Who Should Attend
Any construction worker who needs a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card.
Dates and Locations
Courses are held monthly at each location and are selected at time of booking.
If you don’t see a time or date to fit your needs, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Complete the booking form below including your colleague details (if applicable) and select the date and location of the course and how you would like to pay. Simple.
We understand some corporations prefer to pay by invoice, that’s not a problem. Simply follow the booking form process and select ‘pay by invoice’ when prompted.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss your requirements, please contact us and we will be happy to help.