Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors.
This qualification has been created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
Who is it for?
All members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
What is covered?
- Identifying primary local and global environmental impacts of organisations
- Understanding key terms and definitions of pollution
- Basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identifying the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understanding business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identifying key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning
Certificate of attendance
Course Fee (ex VAT)
In-house from £425 per day
What is included?
- All tuition
- Post course guidance and support
- Discounted Supplies
- Certificate in CIEH Environmental Principles and Best Practice Level 2
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.