The use of all asbestos containing materials was not banned until 1999. This means any building built or refurbished before the year 2000 could contain asbestos.
Any worker liable to disturb asbestos while performing their normal everyday work is required to be trained in asbestos awareness. Every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos during the course of their work.
Who is it for?
This asbestos awareness training course is for those people who are liable to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or who may influence how work is carried out, such as:
- General maintenance workers
- Painters and decorators
- Construction workers
- Shop fitters
- Gas fitters
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Demolition workers
- Telecommunication engineers
- Fire/burglar alarm installers
- Computer installers
- Building surveyors etc
What is covered?
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos.
Certificate of attendance
Course Fee (ex VAT)
£60 per person on public courses (contact us for available dates) or £325 per course
What is included?
- All tuition
- Post course guidance and support
- Discounted Supplies
- Certificate of attendance
Inhouse Enquiry Form
In-house courses are a flexible and cost effective way to train a group of staff. We tailor courses for your organisation’s specific requirements. These can take place at your premises or at one of our training centres in Central or North London.
In addition, for those organisations who regularly have to train/refresh their staff qualifications, we operate a contract service.
The benefits of doing this are that we make sure that through us, you are able to:
- Keep track of what training your company has had
- Receive reminders for refresher training
- Arrange regular sessions for new joiners.
- No Upcoming Events
If you have a group of 4 or more; it sometimes pays to have a course on your premises. There is no minimum number, but its more cost effective to have more delegates on the course.
The in-house courses are arranged to fit your needs. They are held on times and dates to suit you, and can even be split over a number of weeks if you’d prefer. They days don’t have to be consecutive and times can start when you’d like to.
The courses are also tailored to your place of work. Examples are used that best demonstrate the type of accidents and injuries that could take place on your premises.
Please contact us for information on our inhouse training courses, you may be surprised how flexible and accommodating we can be.